Ajutor - Cauta - Forumisti - Calendar
Versiune completa:Jocul Cuvintelor [4] - Engleza
HanuAncutei.com - ARTA de a conversa > Odaia Prietenilor > Jocurile Hanului
Pagini: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89
LigiaB
-totally off topic... tongue.gif

Wow! Look at that! I was able to use 8 emoticons and get away with it! laugh.gif
E.B.E.
on-topic: hot chocolate [Deanna Troi's addiction]

off-topic:
1. Mihai o marit limita de jmilies la 10 [cateodata suna mai bine in romana biggrin.gif]
2. I only use Webster when I'm unsure. And I don't "pick" on other's words, I check them to be sure only when their spelling doesn't "look right".
QUOTE (LigiaB)
I don't have webster on my laptop (only on my desktop)...so I don't use one...

Transfer shouldn't be a problem... if the license allows it tongue.gif
If not, try one of these:
Dictionary.com
Merriam-Webster Online
LigiaB
1% milk rofl.gif

Ebe, I was joking....
I use my eyes to see if the words "look right" too...

and...

Ty for the links... smile.gif

ps, on my previous post, I made a gramatical mistake, can you see it? I did not feel like editing... tongue.gif
halcyon_lll
Milka cow
E.B.E.
glacier

off: LigiaB> I was aware you were joking, as the message was juicy with happy smilies tongue.gif Still I explained myself, so that others know why & when I "pick on their words".

And which message exactly should I check for mistakes? The shorter one looks okay...

Maybe you mean you should have written: "I was able to use 8 emoticons and got away with it!"
Well, I think get is more correct, as it falls under the incidence of was able to, together with use, the function of the two verbs in the sentence being similar.
LigiaB
ice berg

Ebe, I apologize, I absolutely goofed off, and by mistake I quoted you sorry.gif,

I found the mistake I made...it concerns the same word... or, maybe it's not a mistake because you did not see it?? laugh.gif

This is my quote:

Ebe, I asked because your spelling is perfect  and because you pick on others's spelling too  (that's good, if they don't mind  ).

If you want, you can correct me rolleyes.gif and if you don't care, then let it be... tongue.gif

mutulica
winter
LigiaB
fireplace
E.B.E.
ontopic: mountain skies smile.gif

offtopic:
First of all, I don't mind if I am quoted as mistaking smile.gif. Even if I was not mistaking - I just explain myself and that's all. The fact is that the sentence you quoted was wrong. Let me say why:
QUOTE (E.B.E.)
And I don't "pick" on other's words, I check them to be sure only when their spelling doesn't "look right".

The mistake is not in the grammar, but in the logic smile.gif. If I had been "picking" on just one person's words, it would have been okay. The context implied though that I was picking on everyone else's words. Therefore, the logically correct way for me to say it would have been:
"And I don't "pick" on others' words, I check them..."

Now, about:
QUOTE (LigiaB)
Ebe, I asked because your spelling is perfect  and because you pick on others's spelling too

There is a duplicate genitive "s" there. The correct spelling is, as before, " others' ".

Note however that I do not "pick" on that kind of "spoken" messages that the quoted sentence was part of. I do not require correct grammar or spelling for that kind of messages. Only in the right contexts - which include the english words game context.
menthoru'
rodeo (snowboarding trick)
E.B.E.
wild west [cool.gif]
menthoru'
marshall
E.B.E.
justice
menthoru'
hang
E.B.E.
skill [the hang of it]
menthoru'
technique
allexa
modality
menthoru'
choice
allexa
wrong (choice)
menthoru'
point of view
Tear
Line ( sum of many points)...
Tyra
straight
trustbyte
normal

smile.gif

Tyra
world
LigiaB
QUOTE (E.B.E. @ 9 Mar 2004, 11:19 AM)

QUOTE (LigiaB)
Ebe, I asked because your spelling is perfect  and because you pick on others's spelling too

There is a duplicate genitive "s" there. The correct spelling is, as before, " others' ".

globe

Ebe, ty. smile.gif Glad you're down to earth and not stuck up! rolleyes.gif And I am so glad you know grammar, I'll hit you with more questions when I'm confused...can I? laugh.gif

About my mistake, you caught it, it's true.. you drop the 's' when showing possesion on a word ending with 's'. tongue.gif That's the one I did not feel like editing... smile.gif
trustbyte
earth

smile.gif

FaiLuRe
continents
fargakos
land
LigiaB
location, location, location rolleyes.gif
mutulica
gps
(global positioning system)
E.B.E.
the Eye [paranoia... tongue.gif]

Vezi topicul cu ochiul luciferic...

offtopic:
QUOTE (LigiaB)
I'll hit you with more questions when I'm confused...can I?

You certainly may tongue.gif. My grammar knowledge doesn't go very far though, I'm afraid...
LigiaB
top or pyramide (see a dollar bill) rolleyes.gif

Ty Ebe. tongue.gif
frenzy
Paramount spoton.gif

Don't be so open minded that your brain falls out.
FaiLuRe
Universal (pictures)
trustbyte
movie

smile.gif

Minerva
cast
menthoru'
crew
FaiLuRe
ship
fargakos
waves
LigiaB
dolphin laugh.gif (hint, hint tongue.gif )

Minerva welcome.gif la han! smile.gif
E.B.E.
non-human intelligence smile.gif
LigiaB
computer ?
E.B.E.
neural network [cool.gif]
Nea' Caisa
decision
LigiaB
discernement
Nea' Caisa
will tongue.gif
LigiaB
ambition
Nea' Caisa
perseverence
LigiaB
hard work tongue.gif
Nea' Caisa
persuasion
Aceasta este o versiune "Text-Only" a continutului acestui forum. Pentru a vizualiza versiunea completa, cu mai multe informatii, formatari si imagini,click aici.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.